Living in Zionsville
Zionsville is a small suburb located just twenty to thirty minutes outside of Indianapolis with a population of around 29,000. With its convenient location to the city, this charming, historic town has more to offer than you might think. Many consider it one of the most desirable cities to live in in the United States.
Aside from its ideal location, Zionsville also has a superior public school system. The entirety of the school system boasts one of the highest GQE scores in the state, and a number of the schools have received National Blue Ribbon awards for the past several years. Furthermore, all 8 of the schools in the district have been designated as Four Star Schools with a ranking in the top 25% of all Indiana schools.
Zionsville also has a top safety rating due to its low crime rates and incident reports. Additionally, the quality of life in this charming town is quite high, with a median household income of over $100,000 compared to the state average of around $48,000. The area also has a number of parks and recreational activities to offer, as well as decent local entertainment and nightlife.
Dangerous Roads & Intersections in Zionsville
Despite its small-town vibes, Zionsville has no exception to dangerous accidents and traffic incidents. In 2019, there were a total of 2,238 accidents in Boone County. Though the local state government is making changes to address traffic safety issues, residents should still be mindful of potentially dangerous roads and intersections when driving around Zionsville and the surrounding areas.
One intersection in particular that sees a high number of crashes in Boone County is at County Road 100 S and County Road 400 E. After a recent fatal accident at this intersection, officials decided to make some changes. What was once a two-way stop will now become a 4-way intersection in the hopes that it will help with traffic flow and reduce the number of incidents.
Types of Cases We Handle in Zionsville
At Poynter & Bucheri Accident Recovery, our attorneys have experience handling various cases in and around Zionsville, Indiana. We are committed to fighting for all of our clients and have the skills necessary to win their cases, no matter the situation. For assistance with any of the following types of cases, contact us for a free case review.
Hundreds of people are killed in car accidents every year in Indiana, and thousands more suffer injuries. Our car accident attorneys believe that every victim and their family deserve to be fairly compensated for any injuries, losses, and damages caused by a negligent party.
Semi- Truck Accidents
When smaller cars get into an accident with large semi-trucks, the resulting injuries and damages are often devastating and sometimes fatal. After a semi-truck accident, it’s important to have an attorney on your side who will stand up for you and your loved ones.
Motorcyclists are five times more likely to be injured and 28 times more likely to be killed than those in passenger vehicles. At Poynter & Bucheri, our experienced Indiana motorcycle accident lawyers are here to help you understand your rights and get you the compensation that you deserve.
Pedestrians have a higher risk of suffering serious, life-altering, and fatal injuries after being struck by a vehicle. They may even suffer emotional distress and experience symptoms of PTSD. Our Carmel pedestrian accident attorneys will fight to ensure you receive full compensation so you and your loved ones can recover in peace.
When the death of a loved one is the result of a careless act, the frustration and anger combined with the grief can be overwhelming. Wrongful death claims are different because the victim cannot speak for themself. However, you can speak for your loved one, and we can help.
Slip and Fall
Though slip and fall accidents are often considered minor by insurance companies, the resulting injuries can still be quite painful and difficult to overcome. Our slip and fall attorneys represent accident victims who have sustained injuries from these types of incidents.
In recent years, cycling has become more and more popular as individuals seek to find more cost-effective and environmentally friendly ways to commute. Unfortunately, this means bicycle accidents have increased, and those riding a bike are more susceptible to serious and fatal injuries when struck. If you or a loved one have been injured in a bicycle accident, our attorneys are here to help.
As in most states, driving under the influence of alcohol is illegal in Indiana. Victims of DUI accidents often experience traumatizing injuries that can have life-altering effects. It’s important to work with an attorney in these cases to hold the drunk driver accountable and to receive any needed compensation for your recovery.
Liquor (Dram Shop) Liability Cases
Dram shop law essentially states that if anyone (an individual or an establishment) knowingly gives alcohol to an intoxicated person, that person or business can be held liable if the intoxicated person causes an injury or death. Dram shop laws in Indiana include restaurants, bars, liquor stores, convenience stores, private parties, and company parties. Pursuing dram shop liability, however, can be difficult and may require the help of an experienced dram shop law lawyer.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Expect?
The attorneys at Poynter & Bucheri are dedicated to recovering compensation for your injuries and losses, no matter what type of case it is. When a negligent or reckless person or party causes an injury, that party can be held liable for damages. While compensation can cover several different things, the typical damages an Indiana personal injury claim may include are:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future income if unable to return to work
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional suffering and mental anguish
- Permanent disability and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Other out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident or injury
Will My Case Go to Court?
Not all cases go to court, and there’s no way to predict which ones will. The best thing you can do if you were injured in an accident is to reach out to an experienced Zionsville lawyer for help answering any of your questions and concerns. If necessary, they can guide you through the legal process and ensure you receive the full amount of benefits that you deserve.
- Personal injury cases: It is often unnecessary for personal injury cases to go to court if your injury lawyer can help negotiate a fair settlement that is agreed upon by both parties. However, if the negligent party or their insurance company offers you less than you deserve, it may be necessary to take them to court to get the full amount you need to cover all damages incurred.
- Criminal cases: These cases do often end up in court, and having an experienced attorney on your side is crucial. While your lawyer may be able to negotiate an arrangement with the other party, it is not guaranteed. Criminal cases are more severe and come with heavier charges which is why they end up in court.
- Family law cases: Family law cases, such as divorce, are often challenging and typically require court appearances. Similar to the previously mentioned cases, if a settlement can be agreed upon, it may be possible to avoid going to court. However, as tensions and emotions run high in divorce cases, it can be difficult to get both parties to come to a reasonable agreement. It does happen and is especially important when children are involved, as bringing young kids into the litigation process can be traumatizing; however, an agreement is not guaranteed.
- Workers’ compensation cases: While workers’ compensation cases rarely require going to court to ensure benefits are paid, they still often require an appearance in front of a commissioner. Workers’ compensation is a no-fault situation where injured workers are guaranteed reparations. However, if you feel that you are being treated unfairly and not getting the full amount you deserve, it may be necessary to take the case to court.
Whatever the case may be, you can contact us for a free case evaluation. Our experienced Zionsville attorneys work on a contingency fee, which means that if you do not win your case, you will pay no attorneys’ fees. Most firms charge 33% or 40%. At Poynter & Bucheri, our fee is only *25%.
Emergency Services and Local Contact Information for Zionsville, Indiana
1075 Parkway Drive Zionsville, IN 46077 | 317-873-5967
1100 W Oak Street Zionsville, IN 46077 | 317-873-5358
1650 W. Oak Street Zionsville, Indiana 46077 | 765-680-0071
1100 W Oak Street Zionsville, IN 46077 | 317-344-1176
Poynter & Bucheri Accident Recovery
Trusted Help When You Need It Most
If you or a loved one has been injured physically or mentally by a person, product, or company, you need to know your legal rights. You may be entitled to recover your medical bills, lost wages, property damage, as well as damages for pain and suffering, physical disfigurement, and disability.
Our Attorneys Fight to Win For Our Clients
Let our experience go to work for you and ensure that you are protected and compensated for your injuries and losses. Don’t hesitate to get one of our experienced attorneys to begin assisting you right away.