Experienced Lawyers Serving Westfield, Indiana
Living in Westfield
Located in Hamilton County with a population of just over 43,000, Westfield, Indiana is ranked among the top cities in both Indiana and America as a whole. This suburb of Indianapolis is an idealistic place to live thanks to its low unemployment rate, excellent public school system, superior housing, diverse community, and low crime rate. It also boasts several fantastic parks, which are great for families and outdoor enthusiasts.
The schools in Westfield are ranked as some of the highest in the state, and the median household income is nearing $100,000, making the city an excellent choice for young professionals looking to both advance in their careers and start a family. The Grand Park sports campus, as well as the Monon Trail, are major draws for both kids and adults interested in sports-focused and outdoor activities.
The city even offers nightlife with several bars and restaurants, including the Urban Vines Winery & Brewery. And for those that can’t survive without a good cup of joe, several excellent coffee shops are scattered throughout the town.
Dangerous Roads & Intersections in Westfield
Though the suburbs of Indianapolis are an idyllic place to live, the population growth in these areas in recent years has also led to an increase in the number of reported accidents. Roundabouts, for example, are quite common in these parts, but while they decrease the number of fatal accidents, they tend to increase the number of minor accidents.
While the following intersections are not located directly within Westfield, they are only a few minutes away in nearby towns, which still makes them a hazard for any locals living and driving in the area:
- Olio Road and Southeastern Parkway: 133 accidents
- 116th Street and Keystone Parkway: 122 accidents
- 116th and Pennsylvania Street: 107 accidents
- 116th Street and Illinois Street: 106 accidents
Types of Cases We Handle in Westfield
At Poynter & Bucheri Accident Recovery, our experienced personal injury attorneys have handled various cases in and around Westfield, Indiana. We are committed to fighting for all of our clients and have the skills necessary to win their cases, no matter the situation. For assistance with any of the following types of cases, contact us for a free case review.
Hundreds of people are killed in car accidents every year in Indiana, and thousands more suffer injuries. Our car accident attorneys believe that every victim and their family deserve to be fairly compensated for any injuries, losses, and damages caused by the negligent party.
When smaller cars get into an accident with large semi-trucks, the resulting injuries and damages are often devastating and sometimes fatal. After a truck accident, it’s important to have an attorney on your side who will stand up for you and your loved ones.
Motorcyclists are five times more likely to be injured and 28 times more likely to be killed than those in passenger vehicles. At Poynter & Bucheri, our experienced Indiana motorcycle accident lawyers are here to help you understand your rights and get you the compensation that you deserve.
Pedestrians have a higher risk of suffering serious, life-altering, and fatal injuries after being struck by a vehicle. They may even suffer emotional distress and experience symptoms of PTSD. Our Carmel pedestrian accident attorneys will fight to ensure you receive full compensation so you and your loved ones can recover in peace.
When the death of a loved one is the result of a careless act, the frustration and anger combined with the grief can be overwhelming. Wrongful death claims are different because the victim cannot speak for themself. However, you can speak for your loved one, and we can help.
Slip and Fall
Though slip and fall accidents are often considered minor by insurance companies, the resulting injuries can still be quite painful and difficult to overcome. Our slip and fall attorneys represent accident victims who have sustained injuries from these types of incidents.
In recent years, cycling has become more and more popular as individuals seek to find more cost-effective and environmentally friendly ways to commute. Unfortunately, this means bicycle accidents have increased, and those riding a bike are more susceptible to serious and fatal injuries when struck. If you or a loved one have been injured in a bicycle accident, our attorneys are here to help.
As in most states, driving under the influence of alcohol is illegal in Indiana. Victims of DUI accidents often experience traumatizing injuries that can have life-altering effects. It’s important to work with an attorney in these cases to hold the drunk driver accountable and to receive any needed compensation for your recovery.
Liquor (Dram Shop) Liability Cases
Dram shop law essentially states that if anyone (an individual or an establishment) knowingly gives alcohol to an intoxicated person, that person or business can be held liable if the intoxicated person causes an injury or death. Dram shop laws in Indiana include restaurants, bars, liquor stores, convenience stores, private parties, and company parties. Pursuing dram shop liability, however, can be difficult and may require the help of an experienced dram shop law lawyer.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Expect?
The attorneys at Poynter & Bucheri are dedicated to recovering compensation for your injuries and losses, no matter what type of case it is. When a negligent or reckless person or party causes an injury, that party can be held liable for damages. While compensation can cover several different things, the typical damages an Indiana personal injury claim may include are:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future income if unable to return to work
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional suffering and mental anguish
- Permanent disability and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Other out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident or injury
Will My Case Go to Court?
Not all cases go to court, and there’s no way to predict which ones will. The best thing you can do if you were injured in an accident is to reach out to an experienced Westfield lawyer for help answering any of your questions and concerns. If necessary, they can guide you through the legal process and ensure you receive the full amount of benefits that you deserve.
- Personal injury cases: It is often unnecessary for personal injury cases to go to court if your lawyer can help negotiate a fair settlement that is agreed upon by both parties. However, if the negligent party or their insurance company offers you less than you deserve, it may be necessary to take them to court to get the full amount you need to cover all damages incurred.
- Criminal cases: These cases do often end up in court, and having an experienced attorney on your side is crucial. While your lawyer may be able to negotiate an arrangement with the other party, it is not guaranteed. Criminal cases are more severe and come with heavier charges which is why they end up in court.
- Family law cases: Family law cases, such as divorce, are often challenging and typically require court appearances. Similar to the previously mentioned cases, if a settlement can be agreed upon, it may be possible to avoid going to court. However, as tensions and emotions run high in divorce cases, it can be difficult to get both parties to come to a reasonable agreement. It does happen and is especially important when children are involved, as bringing young kids into the litigation process can be traumatizing; however, an agreement is not guaranteed.
- Workers’ compensation cases: While workers’ compensation cases rarely require going to court to ensure benefits are paid, they still often require an appearance in front of a commissioner. Workers’ compensation is a no-fault situation where injured workers are guaranteed reparations. However, if you feel that you are being treated unfairly and not getting the full amount you deserve, it may be necessary to take the case to court.
Whatever the case may be, you can contact us for a free case evaluation. Our experienced Westfield attorneys work on a contingency fee, which means that if you do not win your case, you will pay no attorneys’ fees. Most firms charge 33% or 40%. At Poynter & Bucheri, our fee is only 25%.
Emergency Services and Local Contact Information for Westfield, Indiana
Westfield Police Department – 17535 Dartown Rd Westfield, IN 46074 | 317-804-3200
Westfield Fire Department – 17535 Dartown Rd Westfield, IN 46074 | 317-804-3300
Riverview Health Hospital – 17600 Shamrock Blvd Westfield, IN 46074 | 317-214-5555
Hamilton County Court – 1 Hamilton County Sq Suite 313 Noblesville, IN 46060 | 317-776-8589
Contact Poynter & Bucheri Accident Recovery
If you or a loved one have been injured physically or mentally by a person, product, or company, you need to know your legal rights. You may be entitled to recover your medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage, as well as damages for pain and suffering, physical disfigurement, and disability.
Let our experience go to work for you and ensure that you are protected and compensated for your injuries and losses. Don’t hesitate — one of our experienced attorneys can assist you right away. Call 1-800-265-9881 for a free case review.