Located just north of Indianapolis, Carmel is a vibrant and quickly-growing city with a lot to offer its residents. This picturesque town with a population of around 100,000 is not only ranked one of the top cities to live in Indiana but has been named one of the best places to live in America.
Carmel, originally called Bethlehem, was initially settled by Quakers. Although it still retains its quaint historical charm, Carmel is anything but small-town. The Meridian Corridor is home to more than 40 corporate headquarters as well as several other regional offices. Additionally, the Carmel Clay School system is quite extensive with eleven elementary schools, three middle schools, and one high school. The school system prides itself on its receipt of multiple academic awards.
There are parks galore for residents to enjoy in Carmel, as well as a thriving arts and culture scene. There is a state-of-the-art concert hall at The Center for Performing Arts, the Tarkington and Studio Theater, and an Arts & Design District that is home to the Indiana Design Center.
The median home in Carmel is around $300,000, which is higher than the national average. However, with such great career opportunities, the median household income in the city is over $100,000, making the real estate in the area more affordable.
Due to the recent growth of the city and the number of corporate businesses located in its Meridian Corridor, Carmel is starting to see an increase in traffic and accidents. One particular area of concern is Main Street, which is home to several shops, restaurants, and businesses. Residents complain of a visibility issue, especially when there are cars parallel parked along the side of the road. The intersection most complained about is 1st Avenue SE and East Main Street.
Another issue with Carmel roads is the number of roundabouts. There are 125 roundabouts in the city, and unfortunately, recent studies have shown that while roundabouts reduce the number of serious accidents, they tend to increase other minor types of crashes. Some of the intersections with the most reported accidents in Carmel include:
- 116th Street and Keystone Parkway
- 116th and Pennsylvania Street
- 116th and Illinois Street
At Poynter & Bucheri Accident Recovery, our attorneys have experience handling a variety of cases in and around Carmel, Indiana. We are committed to fighting for all of our clients and have the skills necessary to win their cases, no matter the situation. For assistance with any of the following types of cases, contact us for a free case review.
Hundreds of people are killed in car accidents every year in Indiana, and thousands more suffer injuries. Our car accident attorneys believe that every victim and their family deserve to be fairly compensated for any injuries, losses, and damages caused by the negligent party.
When smaller cars get into an accident with large semi-trucks, the resulting injuries and damages are often devastating and sometimes fatal. After a truck accident, it’s important to have an attorney on your side who will stand up for you and your loved ones.
Motorcyclists are five times more likely to be injured and 28 times more likely to be killed than those in passenger vehicles. At Poynter & Bucheri, our experienced Indiana motorcycle accident lawyers are here to help you understand your rights and get you the compensation that you deserve.
Pedestrians have a higher risk of suffering serious, life-altering, and fatal injuries after being struck by a vehicle. They may even suffer emotional distress and experience symptoms of PTSD. Our Carmel pedestrian accident attorneys will fight to ensure you receive full compensation so you and your loved ones can recover in peace.
When the death of a loved one is the result of a careless act, the frustration and anger combined with the grief can be overwhelming. Wrongful death claims are different because the victim cannot speak for themself. However, you can speak for your loved one, and we can help.
Though slip and fall accidents are often considered minor by insurance companies, the resulting injuries can still be quite painful and difficult to overcome. Our slip and fall attorneys represent accident victims who have sustained injuries from these types of incidents.
In recent years, cycling has become more and more popular as individuals seek to find more cost-effective and environmentally friendly ways to commute. Unfortunately, this means bicycle accidents have increased, and those riding a bike are more susceptible to serious and fatal injuries when struck. If you or a loved one have been injured in a bicycle accident, our attorneys are here to help.
As in most states, driving under the influence of alcohol is illegal in Indiana. Victims of DUI accidents often experience traumatizing injuries that can have life-altering effects. It’s important to work with an attorney in these cases to hold the drunk driver accountable and to receive any needed compensation for your recovery.
Dram shop law essentially states that If anyone (an individual or an establishment) knowingly gives alcohol to an intoxicated person, that person or business can be held liable when the intoxicated person causes an injury or death. Dram shop laws in Indiana include restaurants, bars, liquor stores, convenience stores, private parties, and company parties. Pursuing dram shop liability, however, can be difficult and may require the help of an experienced dram shop law lawyer.
The attorneys at Poynter & Bucheri are dedicated to recovering compensation for your injuries and losses, no matter what type of case it is. When a negligent or reckless person or party causes an injury, that party can be held liable for damages. While compensation can cover several different things, the typical damages an Indiana personal injury claim may include are:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future income if unable to return to work
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional suffering and mental anguish
- Permanent disability and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Other out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident or injury
Not all cases go to court, and there’s no way to predict which ones will. The best thing you can do if you were injured in an accident is to reach out to an experienced Carmel lawyer for help answering any of your questions and concerns. If necessary, they can guide you through the legal process and ensure you receive the full amount of benefits that you deserve.
- Personal injury cases: It is often unnecessary for personal injury cases to go to court if your lawyer can help you negotiate a fair settlement that is agreed upon by both parties. However, if the negligent party or their insurance company offers you less than you deserve, it may be necessary to take them to court to get the full amount you need to cover all damages incurred.
- Criminal cases: These cases do often end up in court, and having an experienced attorney on your side is crucial. While your lawyer may be able to negotiate an arrangement with the other party, it is not guaranteed. Criminal cases are more severe and come with heavier charges which is why they end up in court.
- Family law cases: Family law cases, such as divorce, are often challenging and typically require court appearances. Similar to the previously mentioned cases, if a settlement can be agreed upon, it may be possible to avoid going to court. However, as tensions and emotions run high in divorce cases, it can be difficult to get both parties to come to a reasonable agreement. It does happen and is especially important when children are involved, as bringing young kids into the litigation process can be traumatizing; however, an agreement is not guaranteed.
- Workers’ compensation cases: While workers’ compensation cases rarely require going to court to ensure benefits are paid, they still often require an appearance in front of a commissioner. Worker’s compensation is a no-fault situation where injured workers are guaranteed compensation. However, if you feel that you are being treated unfairly and not getting the full amount you deserve, it may be necessary to take the case to court.
Whatever the case may be, you can contact us for a free case evaluation. Our experienced Carmel attorneys work on a contingency fee, which means that if you do not win your case, you will pay no attorneys’ fees. Most firms charge 33% or 40%. At Poynter & Bucheri, our fee is only 25%.
Carmel Police Department – 3 Civic Square Carmel, IN 46032 | 317-571-2500
Carmel Fire Department – 2 Civic Square Carmel, IN 46032 | 317-571-2600
Ascension St. Vincent Hospital – 13500 North Meridian St Carmel, IN 46032 | 317-582-7000
IU Health North Hospital – 11700 N Meridian St Carmel, IN 46032 | 317-688-2000
Franciscan Health – 12188-B North Meridian Street Carmel, IN 46032 | 317-705-4500
Carmel City Court – 481 Gradle Drive Carmel, IN 46032 | 317-571-2440
If you or a loved one has been injured physically or mentally by a person, product, or company, you need to know your legal rights. You may be entitled to recover your medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, as well as damages for pain and suffering, physical disfigurement, and disability.
Let our experience go to work for you and ensure that you are protected and compensated for your injuries and losses. Don’t hesitate — one of our experienced attorneys can assist you right away. Call 1-800-265-9881 for a free case review.